SWEC work is centered on amplifying the voice and participation of the community in decision making processes.
Community Leadership Cohort
We are inviting people who embody the mission, values, and work of the SWEC and who are interested in growing their leadership, organizing, and policy advocacy skills.
Are you someone who identifies as an Immigrant, Refugee, or as a Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color (BIPOC)?
Have you engaged in grassroots organizing and campaigning before, or are you interested to learn how they are performed?
If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Click here to submit your application now!
- This is a unique program that is designed to run for one year,
- Each quarter has a set of training sessions and other interrelated activities,
- A new member needs to commit to the cohort’s activities across one quarter (at the minimum),
- Each member is entitled for a quarterly stipend of $250 disbursed at the end of every quarter,
- A maximum number of 20 members can participate in the cohort per quarter.
- Learn, embrace, and share the mission, goals and values of SWEC,
- Attend leadership cohort meetings, workgroup meetings, and quarterly training sessions,
- Contribute by sharing ideas, asking questions, critically analyzing and evaluating facts and by giving critical feedback on the work of the coalition,
- Commit to confidentiality,
- Join one workgroup to move issue campaigns forward, and
- Be open to learning and participating in public advocacy for the SW Corridor.
To qualify as a member, you:
- Must live, work, play, or worship in the SW Corridor,
- Have a commitment to the coalition’s mission, goals, and values,
- Can attend retreats and meetings (Virtual until further notice),
- Can take time to prepare for meetings, respond to communications and participate in the activities of one workgroup, and
- Think critically about the social and economic justice issues that challenge low-income communities.
Required time commitment
As a member of this cohort, you need to attend an average of 10 hours of meetings and training sessions per quarter, as follows:
- Monthly SWEC Coalition meetings (1.5 hours/month = 4.5 hours per quarter),
- Quarterly trainings (2-4 hours),
- Quarterly meeting of the Anti-Displacement Workgroup (2 hours), and
- One additional 1-hour meeting per month as needed.
If you are interested in creating a positive impact by becoming a member of SWEC Community Leadership Cohort, submit your application now, or contact Mohanad Alnajjar at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (971) 563-5126.